Friday 8 March 2013

no more state of indifference

A word of advice:

Don't just sit there in apathy.

Since the day I arrived here in Italy, I've been trying to make it my mission to get out, to see things, to discover amazing new places.

And sometimes it's really difficult to drag yourself out of bed to do that.

But I want to get everything I possibly can out of this year abroad, even on top of a heavy schedule of some totally amazing lessons. I don't want people to ask me about it later in life like:

"OH so you lived in Italy for a year? That must have been pretty cool!"

and for my reply to be:

"Yeah... I guess. I just lazed about all the time and didn't really do much..."

Don't sit there in apathy.

September was spent bustling around the streets of Florence - my first truly independent experience. Sometimes to even further afield: Siena, Pisa, Fiesole... 

Then October I was back home. In England. For a fleeting few days. My Dad and I, in that time, did so much amazing stuff. Galleries, walks, delicious food, crazy pub gardens with pet chickens running about...




I always took England for granted - missed the home comforts but didn't really give much thought to the tiny little independent island which I call home and sometimes so desperately long for.

How rich our culture is! 

How lucky we are to get to see most of it for free!

How easy it is to make a day trip to somewhere and lose yourself in a strange city.

Don't sit there in apathy!!

Get out - explore!

Be proud of your Great Britain and enjoy all it has to offer.

Don't take for granted the sensational history, amazing architecture, and even the cosy little coffee houses.

Take England and make it yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment