Saturday 20 April 2013

getting into the swing of things

Yesterday I was on a plane returning to Italy. Today was spent in lessons, followed by a rehearsal followed by a concert (and yes I really do have lessons on a Saturday).

Yesterday I was worried I wouldn't enjoy being back here. Today that is no longer a concern.

As soon as my bags were dropped off in my refreshingly cool apartment (it being a baffling 23 degrees yesterday afternoon), I was out the door and on my way to the park for a much needed catch-up. With the sun beating down on the warm pavement and shining through the finally verdant trees it really was easy to fall back in love with Parma. I forgot how beautiful this city could be.

The following were snapped in Parco Citadella and on the way to/along the riverside.



In the past 24 hours, I came across two things which made me love Parma more:


Being a student, I can absolutely never ever say no to such low prices for such good food.


On our stroll today, after the concert I sang in, Rosie and I took a short-cut we'd both of us never usually take, and stumbled across an old church with its doors wide open. Inside was this art gallery, exhibiting works from local artists. A real gem.


After three weeks away from this place, returning to such beautiful weather feels like I'm taking a summer holiday. With such a fresh perspective on life here, and a different atmosphere (not only the weather, but the people around me), I simply cannot wait to get stuck into this Summer term and really make these last few months here count.



No comments:

Post a Comment