Wednesday 12 June 2013

I'm back (for now)

I last wrote a blog over three weeks ago. Perhaps the longest time I've gone without (I think). It's been half-related to how busy I've been and half to the laziness which inevitably follows.

So I'll catch you up with what I've been doing.

Since the last time I wrote I have:

Performed in four concerts

Taken three exams (all in Italian)

Said 'addio' to half of my teachers

Taken daytrips to Cinque Terre (twice), Bologna and Milan

Spent many evenings drinking Aperitivi with friends

Celebrated two Birthdays

Had a picnic by the river

Had my Mum and her Fiancé come to stay

Returned to England for just a weekend to play flute in my friend's wedding

Said goodbye to some very important friends here who are leaving soon

And although the ever-nearing prospect of leaving Parma forever and returning back to England is in some ways exciting, this place continues to grow on me and only too soon I'll be on the train to the airport and saying goodbye to it all.

Our Concert in Auditorium Paganini (an old Sugar Factory)


Jess and I ended up stranded in this town (Pontremoli) on the way to Cinque Terre

Getting lost in Pontremoli



Michelle enjoying the crashing waves

Huge waves!




A very musical daytrip to Milan with a fellow erasmus student from the Conservatorio


So much talent outside Castello Sforzesco

Jess' Birthday - count those candles!

Rosie's discovery of the beautiful riverbanks in Parma

My Mum and her fiancé in Parco Ducale

I have one of these shots for every season

Parma's specialities


The Flute Choir (the original Flute Salad) for Louise's wedding

Tying the knot

The bride!







No comments:

Post a Comment