Saturday 8 September 2012

my chat with God

Today was spent climbing the many steps up to Piazzale Michelangelo and the church of San Miniato al Monte, across the Arno, the other side of the river from Firenze. It was such a beautiful day, with blue skies and sunshine right into the evening. The view was stunning - made even better by the arduous climb up the hill. It's unbelievable that you can see so much history from a distance, without even having to turn your head!


This whole view just made me love Firenze even more than I thought was possible!! The fact that I live two streets away from this beautiful building in the photo above is just amazing.




We climbed more steps 'til we reached the church which overlooked what seemed like the whole of Tuscany. I loved the Tuscan-ness of it all. We'd arrived just at the end of a wedding service, where a tiny little old Italian lady was sweeping up the rice. So cute! 




When I stepped inside, the whole church was filled with plainchant, so I sat and listened. I felt so peaceful and so calm. And I had a chat with God. And I left the church smiling.

Before we headed back down and homewards, I caught sight of a beautiful couple, newly married who looked so happy. I was glad for them that it was such an exquisite day.







3 comments:

  1. Your photography deserves a better camera. Get a film SLR off ebay PLEASE. Your photos would be orgasmic. Also loved that you chatted to God, he's pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to agree with you. I'm loving snapping everything. I can't wait for you to be in Italy too!

      Delete
    2. I agree with Ellie! You should definitely get a film camera! I recommend mine, which is a Minolta from the 80s. It sharpens your appreciation for photography and everything looks so magical.

      I wish especially rice-sweeping-lady was shot with a realllllly nice camera. You have a really good eye :)

      Delete