Sunday 23 September 2012

the vitals


Tomorrow, I'll be skipping language class in favour of day-tripping back to Parma to hopefully sort out all the necessaries with my new appartment. Drop some stuff off, sign a contract, sort the deposit, meet the landlords (i padroni) and hopefully meet two lovely english girls who'll be living nearby. One at the university who's promised we'll drink cocktails, speak Italian and meet Erasmus students together, and the other at the Conservatorio with me, living not so far from my house and with whom I'll always be able to spend a rainy day reminiscing about Newcastle. If it ever rains here!





So here's my bag of vitals. Purse, map (which unfolds to a ridiculously awkward size and is not at all a one-man job), kindle, journal, camera (so I can actually take pictures of the room this time!), sunnies and anthisan... Because Italy is still warm. Gorgeously warm. But filled with mosquitoes.

So off to the land of cheese and ham I go! The last time as a tourist.


No comments:

Post a Comment